Community BoardExtra

Healthy Threads T’s representing Nutritional Snacks Program for Surrey children

We’re 4th year marketing degree students who will be graduating this April from Kwantlen Polytechnic University. We are all currently enrolled in our practicum course, which is the final class before graduation. Part of the class entails students to launch an online business where we can utilize marketing strategy that we have developed throughout the years.

Womens Teal shirt

With an initial $150 investment from the school of business, we set up a website, established a supplier and decided to team up with a local community campaign. The idea behind the business was to increase awareness about the Nutritional Snacks Program run by the Surrey Firefighters Association, which helps keep the shelves of Surrey elementary schools filled with nutritional items some children may not have.  T-shirts were manufactured which will be sold on our website for $24.99. At the end of the campaign (March 23, 2014), 30% of our profits will be donated back to the Nutritional Snacks Program. The other 70% will be donated back to Kwantlen’s venture program, which acts as a fund for graduates to borrow money for future business endeavors.

In regards to our educational backgrounds, some classes we have taken include communications, market research, advertising and selling and sales management.

Success for us will not only be rated upon our final letter grade, but also our ability to see the little project grow to be a success, which sees the awareness for the Nutritional Snacks Program grow.  It’ll definitely be a cap to our graduation knowing we could give something back to our community.

Sukh Bains, Russell Chan, Manraj Dosanjh and Rajan Khaira

Below you will find links to more info for our products:

Website: www.healthythreads.ca

Twitter: @Healthy_threads

Instagram: @healthythreads

Facebook: www.facebook.com/HealthyThreadsApparel

For more about the Nutritional Snacks program:

www.surreyfirefighters.com/snackprogram/

We are in business from February 5, 2014- March 23, 2014.

Surrey604 Community Board
This article was submitted by a reader from the Surrey Community. You can submit your own community story, press release, event or public notice directly to our Community Board today! We also have advertising and promotional options for businesses.
X
X