7th Annual Philippine Independence Day Celebrations
Saturday, June 6th, 10am-5pm
Peace Arch Park
138 Peace Park Drive Surrey
- Santacruzan, a traditional parade of queens and princesses under colorful floral arches. Parade will be at mid-day.
- Live entertainment of local artists from the Filipino-Canadian Community headed by GOLDIE and MS. LINDA MAGNO
- Special Guest Artists from the Philippine Entertainment Scene: TRES GONZALES and LANA ROI
- Games and prizes for young and old
If you plan to attend, here are some notes to keep in mind!
- Pls. immediately turn right before the Border Crossing before you pass Duty Free, watch our for Philippine flag and yellow balloon directional markers
- Pls. bring your PICNIC stuff including your fave dish & BBQ to share with your family and friends. SPIDS will fill the huge twin grill with charcoal (wile supplies last) for everyone to use.
- There will be *NO FOOD VENDOR* at the event as per park regulations.
- Be there early to set up your picnic shelter. Only self standing tent allowed, Absolutely no marketing banners or leaflet giving as per park regulations.
- The parking area will be the one by the park. Can accommodate a few hundreds. No street parking in the area. Carpooling is best!
- FREE ADMISSION