September 24 @ 7pm Doors: 6:30pm
Centre Stage at City Hall
IN BRIEF | Centre Stage at City Hall (13450 – 104 Avenue) presents PechaKucha Night Surrey Vol. 4: Fast-paced presentations begin at 7pm. Doors open at 6:30pm, with music by Marlin Ramazzini & Fito Garcia. Tickets are $15, including all fees. For advance tickets call Surrey Civic Theaters Box Office at 604-501-5566 or visit tickets.surrey.ca. Tickets will also be available at the door.
Health and wellness are important to us all. Centre Stage at City Hall presents PechaKucha Night Surrey Vol. 4: HEALTHY SURREY with a range of professionals covering personal to occupational health to test your wellness quotient. From 6:30pm to 7pm, the Afro-Cuban sounds of Marlin Ramazzini and Fito Garcia (www.marlinramazzini.com) get us off to a dancing start. The quick-step presentations begin at 7pm.
The presenters include:
- Trudi Goels, Territory Manager, Canadian Blood Services
- Denny Hollick, Entrepreneur and World Traveller
- Dr. Melanie Rapoport, DC, Solaj Physical Therapies
- Kevin Reid, Personal Trainer, Physical Dynamics
- David Sadler, Youth and Community Engagement, City of Surrey
- Tanya Tighe, Manager, Organizational Health and Safety, Abbotsford School District
- And Live Music featuring Marlin Ramazzini and Fito Garcia
PechaKucha is a presentation format where 20 images are shown for 20 seconds each. The images advance automatically as the presenter speaks, making each presentation fast and fun. The format was devised by Astrid KIein and Mark Dytham of Klein Dytham architecture.
The first PechaKucha Night was held in Tokyo in 2003 and has since spread to over 800 cities around the world. Centre Stage at City Hall is excited to be an Authorized City in the PechaKucha family. www.pechakucha.org
Centre Stage is located at 13450–104 Avenue.
Box Office: 604-501-5566 | www.surrey.ca/theatre