Where we should spend our weekend? As a family, this is the biggest challenge on weekends and holidays. That is why I decided to help families plan their next trip, by providing suggestions, tips and photos for some of the most stunning places in beautiful BC and not far from our home city, Surrey.
Our destination today is located on the west of downtown Vancouver. Stanley Park is one of the city’s most attractive tourist destinations. The park combines the beauty of the sea and forests with a variety of activities:
- Rent a bike and ride along the Seawall, or hike deep into the park to find the lake (remember that feeding the animals such as geese, ducks and squirrels is prohibited).
- Lay on one of the three sandy beaches at sunset or enjoy a dip in the fresh water pool at Second Beach.
- Visit sea creatures at the Vancouver Aquarium and enjoy the beluga show while learning about aquatic life.
- Imitate the giant laughing statues at English bay and don’t forget to take many pics – it could be one of your best profile photo!
- Take the kids to a train, or unforgettable horse carriage ride.
Now everyone is hungry, it is time to eat; you can chose to go either to the Fish House in Stanley Park, the Sequoia Grill or the Prospect Point Café. Denman Street is also a short walk, where I guarantee you will find a great variety, from juicy burgers to fresh made fish and chips!
That is it for today, I hope you enjoyed the photos. See you soon for another destination of our beautiful BC!