In Collaboration with Expedia.ca
Looking for a weekend away with friends that isn’t going to cost you half a day of travel time? The perfect solution for a mini-escape is not much farther than your backyard and it’s exactly the break from reality that you’re craving. At Cypress Mountain, winter is celebrated and there is something for all levels of skill and adventure!
Just a short distance from downtown Vancouver, situated on the North Shore, Vancouver’s largest ski and snowboard resort is a haven for locals and tourists alike – whether it’s the downhill thrill you pursue or the picturesque snowshoeing trails. With a group of friends who are up for an amazing winter experience, you will have memories and Instagram-worthy pics to get you through your next work week! (Don’t forget to use #CypressMountain on those Instagram photos so they can repost your fun!)
A little advance preparation will save you some money on the mountain; book your lift tickets online a few days before you plan to go and pocket the savings! Also, you can book your lessons and tours through their website so that once you arrive, you can just focus on the important things – like the scenery and fresh mountain air.
Because Cypress is located so close to other cities there isn’t lodging right at the ski resort, which provides an opportunity to spend some time exploring new areas. Then after a good night’s sleep, get ready for another full west coast day.
Here are some activities you can include in your Cypress weekend getaway with your pals:
- The Snowshoe Tours are more than just your average trek along a trail – they are full-on experiences. If you and your friends love live music, you’ll want to check out the Music Night Tour where, after a snowy hike, you are treated to a show at the Hollyburn Lodge on Saturday nights. If you’re a group of girls, you may be interested in the Girls Night Out Tour. Did I mention there’s chocolate fondue included in that one? Guaranteed there is a tour that suits your group!
- Being a novice on the hills shouldn’t hold you back from the fun! In fact, spending a couple hours with the highly-praised Ski School will give you the confidence to fly down those slopes! Cypress offers small group lessons for adults – so sign up the whole gang for a two-hour or full day!
- If it’s a cross-country experience you’re after, book some Skate-Ski lessons. The Friday night Girls Night Out class is a blast; after a great workout you can indulge in some tasty appetizers served at the Hollyburn Lodge (included). A mixed-group of guys and girls can enjoy lessons as well, tailored to your comfort level.
- Just because you’re technically a group of adults having an adult getaway, doesn’t mean you can’t let your inner kid out to play! Go ahead and spend some time at the Snow Tube Park – you won’t be sorry you did. Nothing says ‘stress relief’ like zipping down a chute 100 m in length. Best part? You don’t even have to climb back up. Just hop on the tube tow to catch your breath, before you do it again!
- It’s pretty much a given that all that exercise and fresh air is going to make you ravenous. Thankfully, Cypress Mountain is home to some restaurants, pubs and cafes including the Crazy Raven Bar & Grill where you can enjoy a fireplace, beautiful views and one of their incredible burgers. A fully licensed restaurant, it even has a signature Crazy Raven Pale Ale along with a selection of beers, liquors and wines. Be sure to check their schedule of events for live entertainment and specials.
Before you head up, remember to check weather conditions and take a peek at their Mountain Report for up-to-date information.