Making money is important, but there are more important things in your life, and health is one of them. What good is your money, if you have lost your greatest wealth; your health.
What good are branded clothes, if you resemble a potato more than a human? I know that deep down you still want to shed those extra weights and get into shape. Wondering how??
In this situation, hitting the gym would be the easiest and most logical solution.
But what if you do not have the time to join a fitness club?? Is your dream of being as fit as a fiddle over?? Shall you resign to the shape (misshape) that you are in??
Of course not. Because even without joining a club, you can still get into shape and have a toned body. But how?? Have no cry, I am going to help you in the process. But, keep in mind that it is you who has to do all the hard work and I can only tell you what to do. I know that you are super busy, and that’s why without wasting any time we are going to turn our attention to the main topic. In this article, I am going to tell you exactly how you can gain fitness despite living a busy life, and what you have to do to achieve your fitness goals.
1. Turn Your Home/Office into Your Gym
If you can’t go to the gym, then turn your home into a gym. There are countless exercises that could help you to reach optimum fitness, and you won’t have to even leave the comfort of your home. Here are few of them:
- Squats and Lunges | although squats and lunges won’t help you to target specific parts of your body, they are great for building strength. And the best thing is that you won’t need acres of space for this, as it takes only five or six feet of space so that you could move freely.
- Push Ups | if the idea of getting down on the floors of your office seems repulsive to you, then you can use the wall or edge of your desk to do the push-ups. Push-ups will help you to develop muscle balance and become stronger.
- Butt Kicks and alternate High Knees | butt kicks and alternate high knees will help you to tone your legs and buttocks. If you are in a hurry to meet your fitness goals, then you can increase the intensity.
2. Schedule Your Workout
I know that your daily schedule is packed and it is difficult for you to find time even for breathing! But, remember, at the end of the day it is you who controls the calendar. That’s why, if you have the will, you will definitely find a way to incorporate the workout into your busy schedule. Now, why should you even bother to create a routine?? Because if you let your mood to decide whether to exercise or not, and ask yourself each day as to whether it is a good day to work-out, then I can assure you that 90% of the time the answer will be no. That’s why you should avoid this trap, and create a routine so that you don’t miss even a single day’s workout.
3. Interval Training
If you want to burn hundreds of calories in the minimal time, then you must start high-intensity interval training. But what is interval training?
Interval training is a type of exercise which alternates between periods of low-intensity activities and high-intensity activities. Interval training will push you to your limit, and by the time you are finished, you will be certainly exhausted (if not, you aren’t doing it right). In addition, HIIT reduces the risk of cardio diseases, helps to increase metabolic rates, and works wonder in tackling obesity and diabetes. If you are still not convinced, then listen straight from the horse’s mouth Personal trainer Julia Buckley, author of the book – The Fat Burn Revolution, says, “Switching to short and high-intensity interval training has made me healthier, fitter and stronger.
4. Make Bicycle Your Medium of Transport
If you are fond of your car, then bad news for you; you are going to have to ditch it. But why? Well, to reach optimum health level, you must abandon your sedentary lifestyle, and a cruiser bike is going to help you in this regard. Ok, but how?? To do that, you must use the bicycle as your medium of transport irrespective of whether you are going to your office or your friend’s place. It is well-known that cycling is one of the most effective cardio exercises, and it also helps us to make our waistline slimmer. By using a bicycle for transportation, you will be able to do cardio exercise for at least 25-30 minutes per day.
You have no idea how beneficial it is going to be for your health, as it will protect you from heart problems and will also aid you in losing some unwanted pounds (not in a monetary sense). What if you currently don’t own a bike?? Simple, buy one. Use the internet and ask Google, what’s the best cruiser on the market??
5. Find a Partner
- Last but not least, you need to find a partner.
- I know what your first instinct is; to go for a close friend. Don’t, unless he is your co-worker.
- Because it is very unlikely that both you and your friend will be able to do exercise at the same time, as you might have different jobs and different schedules.
- But having a co-worker as your fitness buddy is going to solve this problem. And you should get someone whose fitness level is similar to you.
- Try to pick the exercises that both of you are familiar and comfortable with.
Hey! If you found this article helpful, then please do share the thing. Sharing is caring – you know! And, if you have any thoughts or suggestion, please leave them in the comments section below.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Sophie Elise is a passionate cyclist, author, and blogger. She is very passionate about writing on different types of women’s bikes, accessories, health, fitness and more. She regularly writes on sportsly.net