Potter’s House of Horrors returns for more fright inducing fun
A favourite all ages Halloween attraction is back and better than ever, Oct. 5-31
Potter’s House of Horrors – one of the Lower Mainland’s largest Halloween attractions – is back for its 16th year of family-friendly screams, shivers and laughter.
This is no ordinary haunted house. The “scare crew” at Potter’s spends months planning the annual maze of terror – complete with the latest high tech animatronics and digital sounds, plus trained actors. Family Hour and a special Li’l Haunters attraction (for children 12 and under) ensure everyone can be part of the fun. Partial proceeds go to Critter Care Wildlife Society. In addition, Potter’s House of Horrors is proud to support the Surrey Food Bank and will be accepting non-perishable food donations onsite.
Potter’s House of Horrors includes the following attractions:
Two Ultra Scary Haunted Houses
- Monstrosity 2.0: The ever-popular Monstrosity house is back and better than ever, updated with brand new scares and animatronics. Prepare yourself for spooky surprises and scary fun and possibly an evil clown or two.
- Devil’s Descent: A terrifying vortex of rotted wood, rickety mineshafts, punishing industrial machines, monsters and zombies. The Potter’s “chicken counter” is sure to rack up a ton of “bok-boks” when people run screaming out of the exits.
- Plus, this year introduces Grimes Square, a terrifying, new, ultra-creepy entranceway in front of the haunted houses. Come see Potter’s House of Horrors’ haunted take on New York’s 42nd Street theatre district and Times Square. Who knows what lurks around every corner. Spectacular photo opportunities await.
A kids-only attraction with two mini haunted houses that aren’t too dark or scary, and contain no animatronics or actors. The first house, Mystic Village, includes a slightly creepy ghost town that sets the tone for the fun to follow at the second house, Spooky Castle. Other neat stuff includes a basketball/baseball toss, and table games such as air hockey and foosball. Children 2 & under and parents/guardians are always admitted free. Braver kids may want to check out Family Hour at Potter’s House of Horrors, recommended for children ages 12 & up.
- Escape Room (NEW FOR 2018): Attendees have 20 minutes to escape a “burning” building, complete with smoke effects and annoying neighbours. Solve puzzles and search for clues as the clock ticks down. Tickets available online.
- Haunted Photo Booth: Get four freakish photos sent directly to your phone or email, complete with fun green-screen effects.
- The Last Ride: Experience what it’s like to be enclosed in a coffin and whisked away to a ghostly graveyard – complete with sound effects. NEW FOR 2018, an all-new soundtrack is ready to whisk you away on the spookiest ride of your life.
- Xtreme Paintball Haunted Shootout: Shoot 50 rounds at haunted props and spooky animatronics. Now featuring ultraviolet black-light effects.
- Creep’s Concession: Including neon cotton candy, theatre-style popcorn, “haunted” hot dogs, and more.
Friday, Oct. 5 through Wednesday, Oct. 31 (closed Monday, Oct. 8 for Thanksgiving)
- Ultra scary show 7pm – 10pm (extended hours on certain nights)
- Family Hour – a tamer version of the ultra-scary haunted houses, for younger guests or the faint of heart. Offered earlier in the evening. Hours vary
- Li’l Haunters, suitable for children 12 & under. Check schedule for open hours
- To view the complete event schedule, visit: pottershouseofhorrors.com.
Potter’s Farm & Nursery
12530 – 72nd Avenue, Surrey (one block west of Kwantlen University; two blocks east of Cineplex Odeon Strawberry Hill Cinemas)
Note: Parking is free. Open rain or shine – the haunted house, box-office line, and lines to enter the haunt are all indoors. Concession and snacks are available onsite.
Admission Rates and Tickets
- Tickets are available in advance from pottershouseofhorrors.com or at the door. Tickets have limited availability. It is highly recommended tickets be purchased online in advance
- 50% off all tickets opening weekend
- Early bird pricing: 25% savings on select nights (when purchased online only).
About Potter’s House of Horrors
Every fall, Potter’s Farm & Nursery staff converts their grounds from an enjoyable, plant-filled garden centre into a maze of terror, with all the latest animatronics, digital sounds, high-tech scares and trained actors to put on a fun and scary event that sends chills down the spine of all those who enter. Entering season 16 of our horrifically awesome event, the crew at Potter’s is more enthusiastic than ever to try to make you scream, whimper, cry, holler, yodel, laugh, gargle, giggle and guffaw! Whatever your reaction, Potter’s House of Horrors is dedicated to giving patrons a frighteningly creepy and monstrously enjoyable time this Halloween season.