Your online marketing strategy will not be fruitful if it is unable to drive the desired traffic to your website. In order to drive more traffic and raise the engagement level, you should follow social media marketing best practices. Instagram marketing is in vogue now and more and more businesses are taking on to this trend. This is essentially a visual platform that will create an instant impact in the minds of the viewers because pictures can speak a thousand words!
However, if you want to be successful in it you will need to create more captivating visuals. This will help you to grow your followingand drive engagement. In addition to that you will also have to make sure that you post the contents at the right time and on the right day so that it is viewed, almost certainly.
According to a report of SimplyMeasured it is found that:
- The worst days to post anything on Instagram are Wednesdays and Sundays.
- The best days to post on Instagram are Mondays and Thursdays.
As for the best time to post, the research report of CoSchedule suggests that:
- You must post your content between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM in the morning because this hour of the day correlates with the time when people typically checks their social media accounts while they either get ready for their work or are commuting to their jobs.
- You may also post your pictures at 2:00 AM as well because this is the time of the day when most people are up scrolling through their Instagram account when they are ought to be sleeping.
Therefore, it makes a lot of sense to post during these two specific hours of the day so as to reach out to more and more Instagram followers instantly.
Research also shows that you must post your pictures only once or maximum twice a day and no less or more than that. This will prevent you from overwhelming your followers with multiple feeds. However, if you are hell-bent to post more, you are advised to use the carousel album feature of Instagram. This will enable you to post multiple images in a slideshow format.
You will need to use different tools to make sure that your efforts pay you off well and you follow the right process.
- In order to know when the followers are most active you can use Instagram Insights. This will help you a lot because depending on the specific audience you are targeting the best days and times to post on Instagram may differ.
- You can also choose tools such as Hootsuite, CoSchedule, and Sprout Social to schedule your posts to go live during these specific times and days so that you do not miss out on your chances of reaching out to a larger audience.
Make sure that once you have made all these changes you track all the necessary metrics so as to keep an eye on the performance and know the areas where you can make improvements.
Use user submitted pictures
Another useful way to create more captivating content on Instagram is by using photos submitted by the users themselves. This will not only save a lot of your hard work but will also raise the chances of these photos being liked by others as it is already liked by a specific segment of your users.
That means when you use these photos of your users you will have:
- An already engaged audience irrespective of their numbers
- This will help you to leverage your audience to produce useful content for you
- A set of followers who will probably enjoy such user-generated contents even more than they will enjoy yours and
- More of authentic and unpredictable photos to post.
Most of the brands now use tons of user-generated content on their Instagram page to promoe and show off their products. All you have to do is use proper hashtags for the photos relevant to your brand and product and also tag the original creator of the image as a reward and gratification.
If you are wondering how exactly you can find such user generated contents or make your users to create such engaging content for your business without being pushy, well the process is pretty simple.
- Simply let them know that you will tag them with the image in your post when you re-gram
- You can even arrange for a contest to shoot and send pictures and use it at a later stage and
- Incentivize them whenever you use their photos.
This will help you have and post more and more user generated contents on a consistent basis. Remember, just like you, your audience also wants to grow their own following. Therefore, this is a win-win situation for you as well as your customers.
Post pictures wisely
When you post photos on your Instagram account and want it to be highly captivating ad appealing, you must make sure that you post them wisely. This is not an easy task as it may apparently look like but the following steps will help you in the process.
- Choose only those photos that fit perfectly with the image of your brand that you have either already created with your own pictures or are trying to create now. You must make sure that nothing goes against it.
- Consider the size of the following the user has whose picture you want to post on your Instagram account.
- Also find out whether or not the photo you have chosen is appropriate for the specific audience or following you have.
When you make your Instagram marketing campaign a success it is important to be sure that anything that you post is in tune with the audience as well as the message of your brand. It is also important make sure that the photos align with the aesthetic of your brand, are of high quality, unique and intriguing and mimics the tone of your brand successfully. Do not be too biased about the content but mix it up and use branded hashtag to grow followers and engagement.