Image Source: WikiMedia
Canon has always been one of the leading developers of cameras and even today, some of the most widely used Digital Single-Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras all around the world are by Canon. One of the recently launched models, Canon EOS 70D, has proved to be an amazingly well rounded camera for enthusiast and professional photographers. The model was announced in July 2013 and hit the market in late August 2013. Buyers have an option to choose between three lenses with the body: EF-S 18-55 mm IS STM, EF-S 18-200 mm IS and EF-S 18-135 mm IS STM.
The reason why Canon’s EOS 70D gained so much popularity is because of its Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus feature. Not only has it provided a great improvement in the focusing speed, but in the focus accuracy as well. When it comes to capturing stills or making videos using the Live view, EOS 70D provides an amazing focus speed, accuracy and consistency. The conventional autofocus was unable to give this speed and accuracy in Live view, especially at large apertures such as f/1.8 but EOS 70D has impressed photographers all across the globe.
The plenty of detail which EOS 70D offers in raw files is absolutely impressive. The natural colors along with pleasant contrast and saturation makes camera’s images very sharp and appealing. Moreover, the EOS 70D’s touch screen makes it easy and quick to use and switch between various settings. The touch also enables users to scroll between images smoothly and pinching the screen can zoom-in the picture, allowing user to check the sharpness. Therefore the screen is much more responsive as compared to previous models.
Features like built-in Wi-Fi and silent shutter mode have also pleased photographers as taking pics in quiet environments is no more a problem, and the images can be instantly shared too.
Key features of Canon’s EOS 70D are as follow:
- 20.2MP APS-C ‘Dual Pixel CMOS AF’ sensor
- 19-point AF system, all points cross-type, sensitive to -0.5 EV
- ‘Creative Filter’ image processing styles, previewed in live view
- Single-axis electronic level
- 63-zone iFCL metering system
- ‘Silent’ shutter mode
- DIGIC 5+ image processor
- ISO 100-12800 standard, 25600 expanded
- 1080p30 video recording, stereo sound via external mic
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- In-camera High Dynamic Range and Multiple Exposure modes (JPEG-only)
- Single SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot
- Built-in flash works as off-camera remote flash controller
- 7fps continuous shooting, burst depth 65 JPEG / 16 Raw
- AF microadjustment (can be set individually for up to 40 lenses, remembered by lens serial number)
- Fully-articulated touchscreen, 1040k dot 3″ ClearView II LCD, 3:2 aspect ratio
- 98% viewfinder coverage, 0.95x magnification, switchable gridlines and electronic level display