1. A guaranteed universal income for “all” people living in Canada set at a living wage.
2. New incentives for employees to work from home whenever possible, and the option for employees to work flexible and reduced hours to improve quality of life and provide more time for leisure and recreation.
3. For home delivery of groceries, medicines, and other basic necessities to be a standard business practice.
4. For essential workers including grocery store clerks and cleaning staff to receive a decent honorable salary for working the front line.
5. For all levels of government in Canada to come together to put strict environmental protections and regulations in place.
6. For the countries of the world to do everything possible to end animal cruelty.
7. For educated, competent, and intelligent women like Dr. Theresa Tam and Dr. Bonnie Henry to be promoted to senior leadership roles in the private, public, and non-profit sector, including recruiting women everywhere to run for elected office at all levels of government including international organizations.
8. For governments to invest heavily in the prevention, treatment, and distribution of public health “critical and essential” goods and services so that we are prepared for the next outbreak.
9. For seniors residential care facilities to have an immediate “contingency” plan in the event of another virus outbreak.
10. For self-testing kits to be made available for everyone that provide immediate results.
11. For doctors with credentials from foreign countries with comparable education to Canadian medical schools to be allowed to practice medicine in Canada.
12. For Canadian federalism to continue to function as well as it has during the Corona virus outbreak in terms of political and non-partisan cooperation and elected officials looking out for the greater good.
13. For a special federal department be set up to respond to the immediate needs of at-risk marginalized populations during a crisis such as Indigenous communities, LGBTQ people, homeless people, and persons with disabilities, etc.
14. For the medical services plan to cover mental health counselling via phone and video sessions from social workers, counsellors, and psychologists.
15. For the people of the world to see each other as one humanity, where we all need to work together to solve global problems.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.