Uber Eats launches initiative to support local Vancouver restaurants
COVID-19 has taken its toll on small businesses and Uber Eats wants to do its part to support restaurants in Vancouver by encouraging people to order take-out from their favourite local spots. Starting this weekend, Uber Eats is launching its ‘Small Business Saturday’ initiative to encourage customers to choose the “Pickup” option in the app, rather than having food delivered.
Every Saturday in November (7, 14, 21 and 28), Uber Eats will be offering 50% off, up to a maximum of $20, the first 20,000 Pickup orders from local restaurants in Vancouver, Victoria, Toronto and Ottawa. Starting at 11:00am PST each Saturday, Vancouver residents can check the banner in the Uber Eats app for the promo code of the week and use it to get the Small Business Saturday discount.
Uber Eats Small Business Saturday is helping support small businesses and restaurants by:
Extending 0% on Pickup: Using the “Pickup” option in the Uber Eats app allows customers to go out and get their meal directly from the restaurant at a 0% service fee to help restaurants reduce costs – a feature that has been extended to March 31, 2021.
Promoting local neighbourhood discovery: Uber Eats is encouraging people to get outside, see all the great small businesses that need support and maybe even pop into a shop or two on their way to pick up their meal while adhering to social distancing protocols.
“So many restaurants have taken a hit because of COVID-19 so we’re happy to see Uber Eats step up and give customers even more opportunity to support local businesses like ours,” said Craig Buckely, Owner, Kettleman’s Bagels Co. “We’ve been serving great bagels at three locations in the Ottawa community for more than 25 years. As we launch our newest location in Toronto during the pandemic, programs like Uber Eats Small Business Saturday will allow new customers to come in and see what Kettleman’s is all about while helping us save on delivery costs.”
How it works:
- On November 7, 14, 21 and 28 open the Uber Eats app and select “Pickup” at the top of the screen. The promotion goes live at 11:00am PT/ 2:00pm ET and ends when 20,000 meals are ordered or at 11:59pm PT/ 1:59am EST.
- The Small Business Saturday promotion code will be available on the app. Apply the code at checkout.
- Select your favourite local restaurant and place your order for Pickup. You must apply the discount code at checkout.
- “Tap Order” now to place your order – the first 20,000 Pickup orders that applied the discount code each Saturday will receive a 50% off their meal up to $20.
- If you want to say “thanks” to your favourite spot, you can add a tip at checkout.
- You will then receive order confirmation, along with the estimated pickup time and a map with a route to your destination.
- Mask up, get some fresh air and make your way to your local restaurant to pick up your order – be sure to practice social distancing!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.